Supporting community planning for HIV services in the greater Philadelphia area
The Office of HIV Planning supports the Philadelphia EMA HIV Integrated Planning Council (HIPC), the decision-making body that plans HIV care and prevention services in the nine-county Philadelphia area.
We also assist the Positive Committee, a group that supports and enhances the participation of people living with HIV/AIDS in the community planning process through educational activities and outreach.
As a part of our work supporting the efforts of the Planning Council and its committees, we:
- assess needs
- review literature
- conduct community outreach and educational activities
- write comprehensive plans
- record and monitor official processes (including meeting minutes)
- collaborate with the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office (AACO) and other community and governmental organizations
- provide logistical and administrative support
If you'd like to learn more about the work of the Planning Council or its committees, attend a meeting! Meetings are open to the public.