Apply for the Planning Council
Would you like to help plan HIV services for the greater Philadelphia area? Consider applying for the Planning Council. You can learn more about the Planning Council by clicking here.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Reviews are conducted and recommendations are made twice a year (or by special appointment). If you are interested in applying for membership, fill out the entire application. The Nominations Committee will review the application and make recommendations about who should be appointed to the Council. Your information will be kept confidential.
It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to complete a Planning Council application.
***Please note that the HIPC Application requires ALL applicants to complete a tax certification form. This certification is a requirement from the mayor's office, as HIPC is considered a Committee for the City of Philadelphia. However, there are three instances where you will NOT need a tax clearance:
(1) You are a Philadelphia resident but you do NOT own your property and instead rent
(2) You are NOT a Philadelphia resident
(3) Something malfunctioned on the phila.gov website
You can fill out the application online or download a copy below.
How to receive your tax clearance
Step 1 - Go to https://tax-services.phila.gov
Step 2 - Scroll all the way down, and under the 'Tax Clearance' section click the link titled 'Request a tax certificate.'
Step 3 - Click ‘Accept.’
Step 4 - Click on the drop down menu titled ‘Tax clearance type,’ please choose ‘Executive Board.’
Step 5 - Type in your OPA number which you can find by visiting http://property.phila.gov. Type your address in the 'search the map' search bar. Your OPA Number along with other property information will appear on the left. This is the number you will use on the tax clearance request.
Step 6 - Enter your Social Security Number and full name. Click on ‘Search.’
You can screen shot your certificate, download as a PDF, or print– please retain a copy.
Prepare for Orientation
- You can use this quiz to check your knowledge about the HIV Integrated Planning Council's responsibilities and other important information about the community planning process.
- Click the link above for a description of (1) the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, (2) How Ryan White Part A works, (3) Planning Council duties, and (4) CEO and Recipient (DHH) duties.
- El mismo manual (pero en español).
- OHP is currently hosting a fall training series to help new members and interested community members participate in the activities of the Philadelphia HIV Integrated Planning Council.
Due to the response to COVID-19, all Planning Council and subcommittee meetings are held virtually on Zoom. However, if you cannot access a webcam or download the Zoom app, do not worry! You can still attend and participate in meetings by calling in from your phone! The phone number for calling into the meeting will be provided alongside Zoom meeting links.
***If you are unable to access meetings due to issues with WiFi, check out this article from Philadelphia Magazine which lists 100% free hot spots in Philadelphia.***
Open Nominations Process
You can also download the Planning Council's open nominations process for more information about how Planning Council members are recommended.